A-list Textilist

Saturday, July 29, 2006

A-list Textilist

Middle of the night dream

So I had this idea in a dream in the middle of the night. I was too tired to write it down and I am so happy I remembered when I woke up! So I saw a large piece that has is maybe crocheted? with frames of crochet that a yarn hangs down from and then there is a square (?) inside it that dangles and can be turned around. So that each piece has a knit side and a puzzle side? So the viewer can switch them around. so it creates different patterns or textures or images or? The one fear is that people will steal them by pulling them off. The area where the work is shown is not monitored. Maybe they are attached top and bottom so that it causes a twist in the yarn that holds them on? Does this make sense?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home