A-list Textilist

Thursday, July 20, 2006

Why I can't think?






My desk at 11:45 Am and one corner of my studio. Those are all puzzles on the wall. Since then I have cleared up my desk. Well clear for me..... Maybe this is partly why I can't remember things like the fact that you started this blog for us and I contributed a pass word....

So for today on our shared blog: I don't know where to begin. I will post some images of small puzzles I thought I would start with but now I am thinking that I can take pieces from any puzzles and don't need to use the small ones. So since I have over 300 (see above for one wall of puzzles) I am overwhelmed. I wish we had a theme or framework or some perameters besides the loose ones we have. I guess I will start with Do-Rae-Me and just try to figure out how I will cut and paste so to speak into the knitted images. Can I cut them with out them falling apart? I can easily scan puzzle images from the boxes but it is not as easy to scan them when they are collaged. Pictures tend to glare but I will do my best to get you something in the next few days.

Yesterday went to see the Fray show at The Textile Museum of Canada. You should be in that show! I think you would like some of the work. Anyway got the Textile Society of America brochure for the 10th Biennal symposium here October 11-14. Wow it is so expensive to go! $375 US for the whole thing plus more for special events and tours! Any way there is a tour by Sara Quinton om Simdau Oct. 15 of Artists studios who are in the Fray show and will also include lunch at the Gladsone Hotel and seeing the show Hand Face Body. So that is nice. I am sending you the brochure via snail mail today.

Ok off to cut your face up!
Fibermiss


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home